Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Midnight Midwife Visit

Posted by Stephanie on 9:49 AM
My last three babies were born at home after putting the other children to bed. I tend to go into full labor best this way when I can relax completely. All three labors were very quick two-three hours from start to finish. This pregnancy is a bit different. I have had days of warm up with contractions coming in the evenings and close enough to start timing. Once I get in the hot shower and into bed they spread out and I fall asleep. It's frustrating to say the least. Last night I took a hot shower after getting the children into bed and settled in to go to sleep at 10pm. My contractions started immediately. They were coming so quickly that I had my husband call the midwife. Her drive is about an hour so we have planned to call early instead of late since I tend to go quickly. Debra then called two other midwives for backup and they all started on their way. In the meantime I was having fairly good contractions but not a great deal of pain. I decided to shower again. Contractions stopped.

UGH! I called Debra to let her know. She said they all WANTED to come even though it was now midnight and would arrive shortly. She said if nothing else, we could all visit and check me and baby out. I felt so much better because at this point I was feeling lousy for having called. It was a first for me.

Once the three ladies arrived we all sat in our bedroom with David there to listen and assist if needed. I was checked and it was confirmed that little Miss is VERY posterior and it is very much the cause of my start and stop labor that I had been experiencing for the last several days. At one point, all of us were on all fours doing exercise and movements to try and get baby to turn. You can imagine the sight :) I glanced over at my sweet husband who was looking down and trying to be a gentleman. I could only imagine what was going through his mind. In fact we got a great laugh once everyone went home and we crawled into bed!

So after about two hours, I decided to get some sleep and send the ladies home even though they were more than willing to stay with us. Once I was back in bed the contractions started up again! REALLY? I called Debra and she adviced I get back into the shower. Once I did I could relax but I was hurting. After about a 15 minute period I felt good enough to try and rest and called to let her know. I fell asleep around 4am and woke up at 7am.

I've been doing all kinds of movements this morning that are suggested on spinning babies. Prayerfully they will work and we can meet out little girl soon!


6 comments:

Andi on July 27, 2011 at 12:39 PM said...

Oh Stephanie,
You will be in my prayers...May Yah give you comfort and sleep...and turn that little with ease. Just be in His presence!

Kenny and Melissa Rowley on July 27, 2011 at 1:11 PM said...

can they tell if you have dilated? What will happen if she does not spin around? Sounds like she is getting ready to make her entrance. Keep us posted. Love you!

Michelle Gibson on July 27, 2011 at 3:36 PM said...

What a night! I have a tendency towards posterior babies so I spend my whole pregnancy trying to prevent one. Keep on doing the exercises and I'll keep sending up prayers that she will turn before labor starts for good. {Praises that labor has stalled, really!} You'll be nice and fast when she does turn. Praises to Father for keeping His hand on you. =)

lusi on July 27, 2011 at 4:06 PM said...

Hi Stephanie!
I'm feeling for you and will be praying she turns for you! My second was posterior. Sending you my love and may Yah's comfort be yours in abundance.
Love Lus x

Peterson Party on July 27, 2011 at 9:31 PM said...

Yay! It won't be much longer!

singing mama on July 28, 2011 at 4:13 AM said...

My last three have been posterior babies, there is a story to tell with Zephaniah being posterior that I will share on my blog soon, itdoes make for some harder parts of labour, but I know there is a reason they were posterior (especially Zephaniah) and that that is the way they needed to come out. Praying for a beautiful labour for you and that Moriyah comes soon and brings with her much joy and relief. Luv Donna

Post a Comment


Friends

Scripture and Quotes

"Children are a heritage of YHWH; the fruit of the womb is His reward. As arrows in the hand of a mighty man, so are the children of youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate. " Psalm 127:3-4

The Scriptures teach that debt is a curse and children are blessings; but in our culture, we apply for a curse and reject blessings. Something is wrong with this picture.
 

Half A Dozen Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal