Sunday, July 3, 2011

Cloth Diapers

Posted by Stephanie on 10:40 AM
I've decided to use cloth exclusively this time around.  In the past my babies are born with such sensitive skin and I've used cloth for the first few weeks but then found it to be way too much work.  After looking into them once again I was thrilled to find so many great changes.  It also helps that I'm of a more frugal mindset now and just can't seem to justify spending so much on disposable wipes and diapers when I can wash them.  The initial start up cost will cover a ONE month supply of newborn disposables! Can't beat that. For my initial purchase I ordered a kit which will include 5 diaper covers like the one pictured in pink, 2 dozen pre-folded diapers, organic cleaners and detergent, cloth wipes and pail liner.  If you are interested I have added several info links in my sidebar.  I would love any input or advice you care to share with me if you have experience in this area! 

With three weeks remaining I am starting to swell a bit but it goes away after I get off my feet, I've also stopped sleeping at night.  I'm up at all hours.  It's so amazing how our Creator prepares us for 'baby hours' ahead of time isn't it?  He is so good to us in all things.

I am trying to finish up all my loose ends around the house and with the children.
We are all so excited.  After leaving fellowship yesterday Gregory announced that he "couldn't wait until   our baby is born!" Aww made my heart melt.  I can't either.  I wonder if I will ever see Moriyah with all the children wanting to hold her and care for her.  One thing is certain she is SO loved and wanted!  Praises to the King of Kings for His mercy and goodness to me!

5 comments:

Suzanne McDaniel on July 3, 2011 at 10:51 AM said...

Did you get some snappis? Those are awesome with prefolds.

Anonymous said...

We love the GroVia ones because they worked for my ultra skinny babies and the chubs :) ~Shannon

Peterson Party on July 3, 2011 at 11:29 PM said...

Yay for cloth diapers! I wanted to use them for Arin, but was a bit scared of them. Then, with Ella, I bought a few small diapers and a few one size diapers. I used them exclusively until she outgrew them. Then, I felt it was too expensive to purchase a bunch of cloth diapers, so I went back to disposables with her, until I found this website
http://www.theluvyourbaby.com/
In January 2010, when we were pregnant for the baby that I later lost, we purchased a large stash of diapers from that company (since we were expecting to have two in diapers at once). I bought the heavy duty one-size and the snap closure one-size. I used them for a long time with Ella and they held up great. Will be using them for the new baby in a few months too!! Also, I just wash mine in a little bit of Tide and have never had any problems with staining/smelling. They do have to be stripped every few months, but I think that happens with any detergent after time. Happy diapering :)

lusi on July 11, 2011 at 1:00 AM said...

We love cloth diapers here too! I have my stash ready to go as well although we tend to use some new born disposables just in those early weeks. Thinking of you Stephanie!
Love Lusi x

Enid on July 16, 2011 at 9:07 PM said...

Aww I wish I have done it before!

Post a Comment


Friends

Scripture and Quotes

"Children are a heritage of YHWH; the fruit of the womb is His reward. As arrows in the hand of a mighty man, so are the children of youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate. " Psalm 127:3-4

The Scriptures teach that debt is a curse and children are blessings; but in our culture, we apply for a curse and reject blessings. Something is wrong with this picture.
 

Half A Dozen Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal