Monday, June 20, 2011

35 Week Home Visit

Posted by Stephanie on 1:53 PM

My Midwife came to our home today for the home visit that takes place during the last month of pregnancy.  This is the point where I start getting excited and the nesting kicks in.  I've had a total of 5 Midwife visits.  I suppose with this being our 6th I feel comfortable, know what signs to look for, etc. and confident in the entire process.  Birth is such a beautiful natural thing and something we were created to do!


The children all sat on the couch quietly listening to                     every word of our conversation while Victoria snapped a few shots and even got a video as Debra listened to the heartbeat and felt around to check on position.  Moriyah is head down and seems to be smaller than the last three at this point.  Of course she could grow a lot over the last few weeks so I am really watching my diet and eating healthy.  I'm not sleeping very well at night due to the little acrobat and pressure on my bladder and still trying to enjoy these final weeks of pregnancy.  Swimming has been great with the temps so high here in Texas and the exercise is a plus!
Here is the short clip Victoria was able to capture during our visit...





We spent the weekend at Barton Creek Resort for a quick last getaway before Moriyah joins us.  Lots of swimming and relaxing and I was able to get a facial and small massage.  I felt like a new person afterwards!





Looking forward into my last month I've got pregnancy portraits coming up and  I am excited about the ladies in my fellowship hosting a baby shower for me in a few weeks.  Every baby is special and deserves to be celebrated!  Getting close... 

For an update on our family you can head over to our family blog here.


6 comments:

MommySetFree on June 20, 2011 at 4:00 PM said...

Sweet heartbeat footage Stephanie! I'm getting excited for you!

Andi on June 20, 2011 at 5:28 PM said...

WOW! How exciting...I bet the family is eager to meet the new one, and I agree each baby is blessing and needs to be celebrated!

Kimberly on June 20, 2011 at 6:40 PM said...

Wow, I can't believe you are so close! I bet the swimming is wonderful. The heat is killer on pregnant women. How fun that y'all got to take the trip!
Is that a bathing suit cover you're wearing? I LOVE it! I need something like that. It's adorable.

lusi on June 20, 2011 at 6:54 PM said...

How precious to hear your little one's heartbeat Stephanie! So special :) You are so close now!
Much love,
Lusi x

Enid on June 20, 2011 at 8:50 PM said...

YAY...so exciting!!

Kenny and Melissa Rowley on June 21, 2011 at 8:57 PM said...

You're so close!! She will be here before you know it. I watched the heart beat video and tensed up when she started rubbing your belly. I can't stand for my belly to be touched!!! :) Keep us posted on her arrival.

Post a Comment


Friends

Scripture and Quotes

"Children are a heritage of YHWH; the fruit of the womb is His reward. As arrows in the hand of a mighty man, so are the children of youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate. " Psalm 127:3-4

The Scriptures teach that debt is a curse and children are blessings; but in our culture, we apply for a curse and reject blessings. Something is wrong with this picture.
 

Half A Dozen Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal