Saturday, November 27, 2010

6 weeks

Posted by Stephanie on 10:58 AM
I am 6 weeks pregnant and feeling great for the most part. I'm very tired and have started taking my various vitamins and minerals along with cod liver oil and extra folic acid. I'm trying to stay away from meat and sugar. My first midwife appointment is next week. I'm interviewing a new Midwife and praying for discernment. I honestly don't have peace about which one to choose yet. I've had our last three children at home with a wonderful midwife but in my heart I feel I should look elsewhere. Not sure why but trusting and following His lead.

The children are all so excited. Victoria has been looking at Maternity clothes on ebay for me and they each tell everyone that their "mommy is having a baby!" So sweet.

We have discovered that two other women from our Feast of Tabernacles celebration are also expecting in July. It's quite amazing. While we were all there together there was a prayer said over the woman that Abba would open our wombs! Isn't that awesome?!

On another note,  a friend of mine created this video which I think is appropriate for my blog. She did a great job. It's funny and yet so true. I've had to answer these same questions numerous times and will more than likely continue to.




6 comments:

Kim on November 27, 2010 at 1:22 PM said...

Which midwives are you considering? When I lived in Belton I had a great midwife that came to me from Austin. http://www.momsandmiracles.com/

There is also one here in Kempner, but I don't know much about her. I wasn't very impressed with the birth center in Killeen either.

So exciting! What are you doing for the tiredness?

Peterson Party on November 27, 2010 at 10:23 PM said...

That video was great! I had quite a laugh over it. My husband and I were just talking this morning with his mom about people's reactions to large families. My husband is the youngest of seven, so his parents got thos questions all the time! Congratulations to you and your family. Large families are awesome!!!

I am curious though, why have you decided to stay away from meat? We are hoping to conceive again soon. I have had two babies and two miscarriages and am always seeking advice on getting my body ready to carry another baby, so I was wondering if staying away from meat was for a reason other than you just don't like meat?

Anonymous said...

I follow your blog occasionally and have through Paulina. I just wanted to say congratulations and that you look so young, especially being married for 15 years! :)

Stephanie on November 30, 2010 at 8:30 AM said...

Kim- Thank you for the information. My midwife services the Austin area but has always come here to me. The new one I'm interviewing is there as well.

Miss Perterson :) I'm staying away from meat as much as possible because my last baby was 12 pounds (at home) and I am praying it will help keep the baby smaller. Not sure if it will work but it's worth a try for me. I'm also not sure if I will be successful in stay away but for me it's worth it. I love your blog by the way!!

Jessica- Thank you for the compliment and for stopping by!! It's greatly appreciated :)

Peterson Party on December 1, 2010 at 10:16 PM said...

Wow, 12 pounds! You are my hero!! :) Arin was 9lbs 8oz and I thought that was big, making me wonder if I'd ever be brave enough to have a homebirth, but now I think there's still hope (should I ever conceieve again) :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie - First, I wanted to say that video cracked me up. I have four, but my last three are close together so we get many of those wonderful questions. It doesn't help that I had them young and look even younger. Lol.

Second, twelve pounds! Wow! Mine keep getting smaller: from 7 lb 4 oz to 5lb and some odd ounces (can't seem to remember at the moment! My midwife kept drilling me on eating protein at the end and I did notice a huge increase in my measurements every time I was on top of it. My husband and I aren't big people to begin with (hehe), but just a thought. It might just work out for you. ;).

Post a Comment


Friends

Scripture and Quotes

"Children are a heritage of YHWH; the fruit of the womb is His reward. As arrows in the hand of a mighty man, so are the children of youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate. " Psalm 127:3-4

The Scriptures teach that debt is a curse and children are blessings; but in our culture, we apply for a curse and reject blessings. Something is wrong with this picture.
 

Half A Dozen Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal